Thursday, May 19, 2016

The Dynamics of Desmos

If you teach math in a blended environment and have never used Desmos, you are missing out!



As an Algebra 2 and Precalculus teacher, I've embedded this free online graphing calculator into the curriculum. I taught the students how to use it (which doesn't take much time because it's really intuitive!) and encourage them to use it in lessons.

Though I could spend days on this topic, for now I'll provide you the basics. Keep in mind this resource does so much more than just graphing functions, which I encourage you to explore.

This year in Precalculus, students have used Desmos to explore the following types of functions -

Polynomial, Exponential, and Radical 
 

Conic



Trigonometric


Parametric


Polar


As mentioned before, this is just a small taste of the power of this FREE online resource. Enjoy!

@MathMitchellr


No comments:

Post a Comment